The Department of Mechanical Engineering was established in the year 2010 with the mission to educate students from all over India.
The Department makes a profession of mechanical engineer involves to understand the current industrial and social markets in the fields of design, analysis, and manufacturing. The Department’s curriculum is structured to provide students with the analytical tools, technical skills, engineering insights, and practical problem solving abilities that are necessary to convert concepts into reliable, cost-effective, and safe devices and processes and mainly the quality policies like TQM, PPC, TPM. The Department’s curriculum provides students with a solid foundation upon which they can build to meet the challenges associated with their individual career paths, and to adapt to the rapidly changing technologies faced by today’s engineers.
The department has fully functioning labs covering
- Basic Mechanical Workshop
- Manufacturing process lab I &II &III
- Fluid Machinery
- Design Of Machinery Lab
- Mechanical Measurement laboratory
- Dynamics of Machinery lab
- Computer Aided design and Simulation Lab
- Thermal Lab I & II
- WiFi (Wavin WiFi 360) facility available for the campus.
- Laboratories are fully equipped with Intel Pentium Dual Core I3 Processor, 2GB RAM,250-500 GB HD with LCD Monitor connected with LAN 3Mbps Speed.
- Apart from open source software’s, many licensed software’s also available such as Ansys ,Autocad 2012,Pro-E,Matlab,CNC stimulator,Silverfrost (Fortan),C,C++,CATIA V5.
- All Classrooms are equipped with Projector facilities.
- Staff members are provided with Laptops.
|Lecture||Methods:||Explaining Clearly, Being Well Prepared, Summarizing Major Points, IdentifyingWhat is Important and Knowing if the Class Understands.|
|Style:||Giving an Interesting Presentation Style at varying Speed & Tone of Voice.OHP Slides and LCD projectors are also used.|
|Note taking:||Giving Lectures that are Easy to Outline.|
|Discussion||We Encourage Class Discussion. Students are invited to share their Knowledgeand Experiences through Discussions.|
|Laboratory Teaching||This helps students to understand fundamentals & basic concepts of Computer ScienceEngg in a best way; it helps the students to implement their own talents, creativityand programming skills and also to demonstrate various software, Hardware and Networks.|
|Project-focused Learning||By Design Projects, Students are encouraged for self-learning and explore unlearnedareas in the course curriculum.|
|Problem focused Learning||Teaching Creativity & Problem-Solving to Engineers. In case studies,Leading Engineering Cases and Ethics cases are Discussed.|
EVENTS & ACTIVITIES
DEPARTMENT EVENTS & ACTIVITIES
- Inauguration of renewable energy club (REC) on 16th February, 2013.
- Renewable Energy Agency Puducherry (REAP) sponsored one day seminar on “:Methods of Renewable Energy harvesting” under REC (16th February,2013)
- Industrial visit to M/s. Deepak cables, Puducherry on 8th March,2013.
- Mech Chiesel – an intra college symposium was conducted on 16th March, 2013.
- Inauguration of Achariya mechanical Engineering student’s Association (AMESA) on 12th July, 2013.”
- A guest lecture on “Advanced steel construction Methodology” by Mr.Jawahar Bala Gandhi, GM, METCO group on 12th July,2013.
- Demo class about Hypermesh software was conducted on 1st August,2013 for Mechanical Engineering final year students.
- Industrial visit to Aurekha windmill fabricators, Auroville on 14th August,2013.
- A seminar on “Preparation of GATE and competitive exams” was conducted for final year mechanical engineering students on 24th August, 2013.
- An industrial tour to Bangalore was arranged from
- A workshop on Robotics “ Robo-Zest 14” was conducted during 19-20, September,2013.
- A guest lecture on recent advances in Nanometerials, Nano coatings and its Application”, on 25th September,2013 by Dr.R.Elansezhian, Asso.professor, Pondicherry Engineering college, Puducherry.