1. Mr. Balaji V.and Ms. Thangam Jasintha Marry A. were attended a short time course under Quality Improvement Programme on “Structural Monitoring and Instrumentation of Civil Engineering Structures” during 4 th to 8 th December 2017 by Department of Civil Engineering, Pondicherry Engineering College, Pondicherry.
2. Mr. Baskaran V. was attended a short time Programme on “Carbon Sequestration ”during 2 nd and 3 rd November 2017 by Environmental Engineering Division Board, Department of Civil Engineering, Pondicherry Engineering College, Pondicherry
3. Mr. Karthikeyan T. was attended two days Faculty Development Programme on “Teaching Techniques” during 8 th and 9 th February 2018 by Research and Development Cell, Christ College of Engineering & Technology, Pondicherry.
1. Aravind K., Sai Nithish. V., Siva Ganesh. P., Sundarabalaji. T., and Subash. V., were participated and won 2 nd prize in postal presentation in two days National level workshop on “Soil sampling, Testing and preparation of Report” and during 10 th & 11 th February 2017 by Department of Civil Engineering, Indian Geotechnical Society, & Sinha Infra India Engineering, at KPR Institute of Engineering and Technology, Coimbatore.
2. Sudharshnan. L Participated and Presented a paper entitiled“Net zero energy homes” on 28 th August 2017 at Department of Civil Engineering, Venkateswara college of Engineering and Technology, Pondicherry.
3. Mr. Sai Nithish. V was attended one day workshop on “Digital Surveying using DGPS and Total Station” on 30 th August 2017 by Department of Civil Engineering,
and Lawrence & Mayo at MAM College of Engineering, Tiruchirapalli.
1. Department of Civil Engineering was organized one week Hand on Engineering program entitled “Fundamentals of Architecture” at Department of Civil Engineering, Achariya College of Engineering Technology.
2. Department of Civil Engineering was organized one day guest lecturer “Fundamentals STAAD PRO” at Department of Civil Engineering, Achariya College of Engineering Technology.
3. Among 12 colleges, from our college 20 Students participated in the “Ramco Cement contest – 2017”. Out of 20, top 4 students were selected for final contest and received awards for 3 rd place in the contest.
4. Department of Civil Engineering celebrated “world water day – 2018” in collaboration with Dhan Foundation and Hindustan Unilever limited on 28 th at Achariya college of Engineering Technology. 9 students presented in the various topics which is relevant to “Ground water improvement Techniques” and they were honoured by Dhan foundation and Hindustan Unilever limited on 29 th at Lakshmi Mahal, Villianur.
Fundamentals of Architecture: